Terms & Condition for Warranty Claim
In case you are looking to do a warranty claim, our on-site warranty service is FREE with the terms and conditions are as follows :
- Warranties offered are from the date of first purchase, no matter when or if a warranty replacement occurs.
- Warranty coverage is based on duration since the first purchase (months) or the latest mileage since the first purchase, whichever comes first.
- Warranties are only offered when the battery is deemed defective and the car cannot be started.
- Warranties do not include human mistakes (forgot to switch off lights, car is not driven for too long) and any other external factor that causes the battery to be discharged (current leak, weak alternator etc). A RM50 diagnostic fee will be imposed.
- If the vehicle's alternator is below 13.5V under full load, and clearly shows that the alternator is not in good health ie LOW CHARGING. The warranty is temporarily voided until the customer provides proof of replacement or repair for the alternator, of which the
warranty will be reactivated from the purchase date of the battery. A RM50 diagnostic fee will be imposed.
- On-site warranties are limited to our coverage radius only. In case the customer is not within our coverage, it is advisable for the customer to perform a jumpstart and arrange for an on-site warranty within our coverage area.
- The warranty is void if the product is found to be: Damaged due to negligence, abuse, misuse, accident, modification, tampering, alteration.
- Warranty for the battery is only applicable to the first vehicle installed. Any unauthorized removal of the car battery will void the warranty. For customers who wish to transfer the car battery to another vehicle, they must first contact Carput. Carput will arrange a technician to perform the installation/swap. Free for walk-ins but charges may apply for on-site.
Alternatively, customers could opt for a walk-in warranty to any of CARPUT's outlets for a FREE diagnostic and check. Walk-in warranties are available during operating hours at The Battery Shop's offices.
Warranty Claim Procedure
Our warranty claim procedure is as follows :
- Contact us for an on-site warranty/walk-in warranty.
- Our technician will perform a basic diagnostic of the condition of the battery with our battery tester tool.
- If the battery test result shows the battery as unhealthy, we will take the battery back to our HQ for checking and provide your car with a temporary battery for you to use.
- The battery will then be tested again at our HQ for an advanced test. This would take 14 - 21 working days.
- In case the battery is still in good condition (serviceable), the battery will be charged and installed back in the customer's car.
- In case the battery is deemed faulty, a new battery will be installed in the customer's car.
- The installation of the battery is FREE for walk-in, RM50 delivery charge for on-site installation.
- You will be notified of the warranty result via call/sms. Customers must claim the warranty battery within 30 days by walk-in/on-site installation. Failure to do so will result in termination of the remaining warranty.